We believe that every person has the potential for leadership.
Leadership is an expression of our willingness to engage in the issues and challenges we see around us. It is about finding creative solutions to local and global problems. It is about recognising our own potential and harnessing these qualities for the benefit of ourselves and others.
Our International Leadership Programmes take the form of a 12 day intensive training, where participants from many different cultures, religions and socio-economic backgrounds come together to form an international learning community.
The programme provides an opportunity to experiment with new models, creating a holistic view of the world we live in that is underpinned by the need for shared values and an awareness of our ultimate interconnection.
Content of our International Leadership Programmes includes:
- The development of a learning community that challenges our usual assumptions and inspires new thinking about the underlying causes of global problems.
- Tools and experiences for participants to uncover their potential through teamwork, inner reflection, physical activity, discussion, drama, writing, art and music.
- Sessions that help participants identify their guiding principles in order to gain a sense of purpose and life direction.
- An opportunity to develop an international network of people who wish to make a positive difference in the world.
- An emphasis on active global citizenship and the role of international organizations such as the United Nations.
As part of our efforts to include young people from diverse backgrounds, WYSE conducts a bursary scheme for its international programmes. As our programmes are heavily over-subscribed, the bursary scheme is competitive and only covers a proportion of the programme fee. Priority will be given to those who demonstrate that they are able to raise funds, for example by sponsorship from their own governments or educational bodies, as well as from private businesses and industry where appropriate. Under no conditions are travel expenses covered. Exceptional candidates are invited to contact the programme administrators to request a bursary application.